Las Vegas can get very warm, especially if you visit Nevada during the warm summer months. Cowabunga Bay is a fantastic way to entertain the whole family while on vacation in Vegas.
Cowabunga Bay was voted Las Vegas’ best waterpark and features over 25 water slides and attractions. This family-friendly park has a range of slides, a wave pool, dining experiences and even the VIP cabana.
The park is retro-themed has a surf vibe to it, plus enough activities to keep both adults and children entertained. Here’s everything you need to know before you go to Cowabunga Bay in Las Vegas.
Things to Do in Cowabunga Bay Water Park
We know the rides are the main reason you are heading to Cowabunga Bay, Las Vegas. They have a range of water slides, all with their own different level of thrill. There are water slides for groups, rides for pairs and for people who would rather go it alone.
Here are the rides you can find at Cowabunga Bay:
- Beach Blanket Banzai has been thrilling families since 2015. Four people board a raft, which is carried to a height by a conveyor belt. You will then speed over 600 feet of 180 degree turns, side-winding s-curves and thrilling drops, all at a heart-dropping speed.
- Breaker 1-9 is a delightfully thrilling high speed water slide. This twisty tube ride will make you scream as you twist, slip, and drop.
- Downhill Doggers is a kid friendly water slide. Your children will love the four lanes of fun with the splash down finale.
- Point Panic is unique because it is pitch black. Slide down this dark enclosed tube and enjoy the light show.
- Rock-A-Hoola is a 300-foot-long slide that ends with riders falling into a giant bowl, enjoying several resolutions and a thrilling splashdown.
- Squigglers is a twin 360 spin slide that is the perfect challenge for the little ones.
- Surf-A-Go-Go is a thrilling inner tube where you slide through two huge rebound chambers. You’ll be rebounded from side to side before enjoying a 600’ long splashdown finale.
- Surfin’ USA allows six riders to race each other face first, being thrilled by multiple dips that speed up to 40 feet per second before enjoying a splashdown finale.
- Wild Surf is one of the world’s largest artificial waves. Four-person rafts drop 60’ into the swell of a mammoth wave. Splash through other wave riders as you rock side to side.
- Zuma ZOOMa is a dream for thrill-seekers as you instantly drop 73 feet into a high-speed horizontal 360-degree loop. This ride also has a unique launch capsule with a trap door that drops out from below, instantly sending riders on a thrilling adventure.
Book a VIP Cabana
Cabanas are the ultimate way to enjoy a summer day at Cowabunga Bay. There are three different options to choose from.
Enjoy your own private paradise when you reserve a standard cabana. Every standard cabana features a 10 x 10 shaded area, USB charging station, ceiling fan, dining furniture and chaise premium lounges.
Each standard cabana includes a call button where you can get food and drink directly delivered to your door. These cabanas are located in prime locations throughout Cowabunga Bay and can hold a maximum of 10 guests.
- Monday-Thursday: All day rate $179.99
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday + Holidays: All day rate $199.99
Caban-A-Rama VIP Cabanas and Leisure Pool
Enjoy the ultimate VIP experience in the Caban-A-Rama area. It includes deluxe 10′ x 10′ shaded cabanas, ceiling fans, luxurious patio furniture, USB charging station and mini refrigerators. Enjoy access to a private leisure pool and friendly servers. 10 guests are permitted per cabana and over 21’s will be served beer, wine and adult frozen beverages.
- Monday- Thursday: All day rate $219.99
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday + Holidays: All day rate $249.99
Enjoy your day with a private chaise lounge cabana. Every lounge cabana comes with a drinks table, two chaise lounge chairs, a USB charge station and access to a cabana host. Food and drink services comes included in the price.
- Monday- Thursday: All day rate $54.99
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday + Holidays: All day rate $64.99
Not a fan of water slides? Cowabunga offers a range of attractions to keep you entertained. Here is what you can do as the kids splash around on rides.
- Boardwalk Bay is a carefree pool where you can float your worries around. In Spring and Fall this pool is heated.
- Caban-A-Rama Pool is an exclusive pool area for guests staying at the Caban-A-Rama pool. Not just a pool area, enjoy tanning decks and a stunning foundation.
- Splash Pools are a refreshing way to cool down in the Las Vegas sun.
- Cowabunga Kids Cove is an area exclusively designed for little ones. Ideal for children and toddlers, this area is safe with one controlled entrance and lifeguards always on duty. Kids can relax in the head pool and enjoy rides scaled down to their size. Life jackets are also available free of charge.
- Cowabunga River is commonly known as a lazy river with a nod to the retro surf scene. Cool off, float away your worries and enjoy the 60s themed vibes.
- Surf-A-Rama Wave Pool is a wave pool located in the middle of a 1950s drive-in theater. This 35,000 square foot wave pool, where waves can reach 4 feet in height, is one of the largest in Nevada.
Where To Eat And Drink
Having fun sliding around a water park in the sun can sure build up an appetite. You can’t bring food and drink from outside the park in. Don’t worry, as there are lots of places to eat and drink at Cowabunga Bay, Las Vegas.
- Boris’ Bora Bora Bar is a relaxed bar where you can enjoy tasty Barefoot Wine, craft beers and refreshing frozen cocktails.
- Bullwinkle’s Boardwalk Grille is the ideal spot to enjoy lunch. You can find something for the whole family including pizza, burgers, wraps and sandwiches. It also serves tasty snacks like churros, pretzels and nachos if you need an afternoon pick me up.
- All VIP cabanas include table wait service and a push of a button. You can order salads, burgers, pizza or anything that takes your fancy from the full service menu, as well as adult beverages.
- County Fair Sweets & Treats is the home to deep frying. They pretty much fry anything from Oreos to pickles. It is also home to Dole Pineapple Whip, a Disneyland favorite.
- The two Dippin’ Dots at Cowabunga Bay serve ice cream to keep you cool on a warm summer’s day. They offer a huge range of flavors for the whole family.
- Duke’s SurfSide Snacks is home to Cowabunga’s famous footlong hot dog. They also serve other favorites like frozen bananas, nachos and pretzels.
- Funnel Cakes sell freshly and homemade treats. Top them off with apple strawberry, or chocolate topping and fresh whipped cream. When you get your funnel cake, we recommend trying the finest freshly squeezed lemonade this side of Coney Island.
- Hawaiian Shave Ice is a popular treat for visitors as it’s refreshing and yummy. They serve a huge amount of flavors including blue raspberry, cotton candy, pina colada and watermelon.
- The Slush Factory lets you create your own unique slushie. Mix and match flavors but try to avoid brain freeze!
Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas Prices
General admission will cost you $42.95 and includes access to all slides and attractions. You can enjoy discounted admission for military, kids and over 65s. You can purchase tickets online or at the gate.
Do you love Cowabunga Bay and want to visit it all year round? Enjoy daily admission to Cowabunga Bay all season long with a 2022 Season Pass for $119.99. The Season Pass includes priority park entry, access to the rewards program and special discounts, perks and freebies. Cowabunga Bay Rewards Program allows you to earn $10 in Reward Cash when you spend $100 in park. Pass holders also receive priority entrance 10 minutes before the posted park opening time.
If you’re 60 or over, enjoy daily admission for $59.99 and includes all the same perks of the Season Pass. Save on entry with the Value Pass for $99.99. The Value Pass is valid Mondays through to Thursdays all summer long and includes priority Park Entry and our Rewards Program.
Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas: FAQs
How much is parking at Cowabunga Bay, Las Vegas?
General parking costs $8. Disabled parking spots are available as well as plenty of bike parking. School and tour bus trips get free parking. Bicycle
Where is Cowabunga Bay located?
Cowabunga Bay can be found in Henderson, east of the Galleria Mall. Easy freeway access makes it a simple drive from anywhere within the Las Vegas valley. From the US-95 (I-515) exit east on Galleria (exit 64B) and head towards the giant water slides. You can’t miss it!
Can I shop at Cowabunga Bay?
Yes, Cowabunga Trader Store carries everything you need to enjoy a fantastic day at the water park. They sell essentials like sun block, sunglasses and towels alongside other Cowabunga Bay souvenirs.
What are the Cowabunga Bay opening hours?
Park hours depend on the season and the day. For this reason, we recommend checking out the website before booking. Like many water parks, the park is mostly closed during the winter and has varying hours throughout the summer months.